Appointments can be made in person at either surgery or by ringing:
Browney House Surgery on 0191 373 2860 or
Croft View Surgery on 01207 521 906.
Very urgent cases may be seen on the same day.
Appointments can usually be booked one month in advance.
Please let the Practice know if more than one person in your family needs to have an appointment so that the correct time can be allocated to your family. Several appointments may also be required.
Telephone consultations will take place after morning surgery and before afternoon surgery.
If you wish to see a particular Doctor or Nurse then please feel free to ask when making an appointment booking.
Online Appointments - click here:
Please feel free to book an appointment to see the Practice Nurse. She may be able to deal with the following problems/conditions:
Travel vaccinations and advice including malaria
Problems specific to women
Travel vaccination advice will be offered in a Telephone Consultation. Patients will then be offered an appointment depending on vaccinations required.
A full range of General Medical Services can be made by appointment
• Ante-natal Care
• Baby Clinic & immunisation
• Blood Pressure Review Clinic
• Cervical Cytology
• Child health surveillance
• Childhood developmental checks, vaccinations and immunisations
• Contraceptive services
• Disease management services including Asthma, Diabetes, Hypertension, Coronary Heart Disease and Chronic Obstructive
• District Nurse, Health Visiting and Midwifery Services can be booked
• Ear Syringing
• Flu Clinics
• Health promotion services for young people and adults of all ages (Well man / Well woman)
• Maternity Medical Services
• Minor surgery services
• New patient consultations
• Removal of Stitches
• Travel and other immunisations
GP Extended Access – Evenings and Weekend Appointments
GPs in central Durham, Chester-Le-Street and Derwentside are working together to offer extra GP appointments from 6.30pm on weekday evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Please call Browney House Surgery to book any available evening and weekend GP appointments. Please note that appointments are offered at TANFIELD VIEW SURGERY, Stanley, DH9 8AD or QUEENS ROAD SURGERY, Consett, DH8 0BW.